View Single Post
      07-16-2020, 11:51 AM   #55
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Are those taxes considered high? I pay close to $10k in property taxes a year on my ~$500k house. I know my area is considered high tax but damn. At least the sales tax and cost of living are lower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
CA taxes are fairly low from what I recall. I had a long response to a couple previous posts but I had to restart my computer and screw typing that all over again haha

NJ and Texas are what 2% of home value? That prop tax rate in CA would be mind numbing.

Regarding prop13 people staying in their home limiting houses on the market - i wonder if they pull out money from their house like an ATM or something. Not sure why they wouldn't cash out, buy a bigger better house east, and then have a nice couple hundred thousand in the bank for a safety net.
Our property tax rate is low compared to some places, but out values are nuts, and State Income Tax substantial too.

I have friends who moved to Texas, sold their house across the street from me, and bought way more house for way less money in Austin and thier property tax is about the same as it was in CA.
Appreciate 0