View Single Post
      11-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #7
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
I really doubt you did enough research because all the answers to your questions are in various threads on the first page here. And even more insight to be had if you search this subforum for keyword "downpipe"
No reason to doubt. I did. But when you're new to this much of what I read simply didnt make sense to me. People exchanged terminology often or just referred to things differently in the many posts so I wanted the community's help for some clarity.

I think I get it now. A Sport Cat and a Catted downpipe are essentially the same thing. A downpipe is essentially the "sport cat" but without the cat, so just a free flowing pipe as I now understand it. Certainly seems like a reliable and fun mod, I'm leaning towards doing it.

My main concern is always to only do mods that are safe ie not detrimental to longevity or exceed the cars engineering limits. It doesn't seem that just adding a sport cat will do that. I dont need a much fast car, just looking for a cooler experience via a better sound. When I added the M sport exhaust to my m235i it transformed the car for me. The sound never got old and I absolutely loved the added pops and bassy exhaust note.
Appreciate 0