01-22-2019, 10:16 PM   #12
SConn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
By the way, you can code a lot of these quirky things out. For instance, I have my car unlock doors when I shut the ignition, no seat belt beeps, no Nav warning, etc. If you are uncomfortable reprogramming it yourself, there are a lot of services/folks that can do it for you. I had mine done by some local guy with my previous car but did it myself this time. Lots of directions on here.
Already have my obd2 port coming and I'll be coding some stuff once it gets here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
The problem is that you need to have your foot on the brake when you hit the start/stop button. At least it is that way in a DCT M2.
Actually, I believe you might have solved it. I've only had this happen twice and both times it was after I pulled the car into the garage. I just coasted in, pulled the brake (except today I put it in 1st gear to see if that was the issue, but I bet uli pulled the hand brake and put it into gear since again, I coasted in) and pushed the button.

I don't believe my foot was on the brake either time I pushed the button. And that would also explain why it's only happened at home in the garage.

I'll be trying this next time to see if that's the issue. Thanks!!