View Single Post
      11-03-2017, 10:37 PM   #5
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Yes! It literally stopped working the hour I picked it up after tint...so I immediately thought they eff’d my car up . It was lots of static and in and out. Then ultimately it died a day or so later— to what you described (Car audio completely soundless ).I actually got to enjoy the car without sounds for 2 weeks while my new amp came in from Germany because I didn’t trust leaving it at my dealer , and that nothing was wrong with the car sans missing audio (they offered a 3 series loaner ). Just had to be careful because the backup beeps were disabled as well. Overall, I was enjoying testing the difference between ASD off or not lol . And ultimately coded it off the car with BimmerCode about 1 month ago. Got tired of the boy racer exaggerated sounds,the fake drone on highways, and I also think it severely hinders the natural quality of the sound system this car has .

By the way, the static was a torture chamber , so if you skipped straight to the dead amp phase then you are pretty lucky . I made my dealer unplug it until the replacement came

Last edited by Ian ///M; 11-03-2017 at 10:42 PM..
Appreciate 0