Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335x with m package

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by utenigma View Post
DVC did you have a stud-kit installed when you used your spacers or just extended lug bolts?

I've got the 5mm spacers on the front and don't have any vibration issues (using a stud kit). I do make sure everything is clean, it's square and torqued down evenly every time.
No, I just used extended bolts. The vibration was verrry mild - almost undetectable. And it didn't start right away.
I wouldn't think the bolts vs stud kit would make a difference; the fact that you used great care in tightening your nuts (I did the same with my bolts) will likely keep things smooth for a while - but the vibration may crop up eventually.

I just fit the hub-centric spacers today (10mm front and 12mm rear) and everything seems to fit perfectly. This evening I'll try to take some corners hard in comfort mode to get some good compression to make sure everything still clears without any rubbing... but the real test will be at the track this Monday and Tuesday.

By the way, with the Dinan springs and the aggressive offsets, the look is amazing...
So 12mm hub centric spacers are fine for the rear? Why does bms say that 15mm is the minimum. Hmmm
Appreciate 0