Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
This is true.. but the 335's have all sorts of turbo issues that I don't want to deal with. Too many friends have been through hell with that HPFP, and I've seen turbo/wastegate issues over and over again.

The owner of the E46 referred me to a shop that he takes his car to discuss plugging in to read data from the car. I called that shop and had a discussion with them - they are still using the GT1 and OPPS - OLD stuff! I told him I'd bring the ICOM and the factory tools to check the car out, and he was ok with that. The shop also knows a few places that I've worked with closely before, so that was further reassurance to them.

Thanks everyone for all of your comments. I am going to go look at the car tomorrow if time permits, and see how firm the seller is on price.

It might be better to wait for something else more exciting to come up.. Maybe the S54 would be lame to me since it has less torque than our already torqueless S65
IMHO: SMG concerns aside - that car looks to be very clean, in pictures there are no real signs of abuse. Owner looks like he was/is fairly passionate about it as well. I am sure once you look at in person and perform a thorough system check you'll know what the real deal is.
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0