ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #1
TexasZed4MC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Shiiping item with USPS...WARNING

I feel like I need to tell everyone this. If you ship a package with USPS or get a package shipped to you through USPS GOOD LUCK in it getting there. Their customer service is pathetic, their tracking service is COMPLETELY USELESS.
My father worked there for 30 years and he told me a few weeks ago DO NOT ship anything with USPS. Pay the extra money for FedEx or UPS.
I bought a set of springs from a member on this site on Feb, 1. Shipped them through USPS. Left the Bell Gardens Post office on Feb 8 I still have not received them. PLUS the postal service has NO CLUE as to where they are. Over one month in shipping, I have gotten items from CHINA faster. I told USPS to be honest I could have road them on a fricking horse from California to Texas before now. Yes I am pissed, NOT with the seller of the springs its not his fault...but USPS shipping in HORRIBLE! USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair, Texas Trifecta Event Chair, & BMWCCA driving Instructor
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Yep, USPS, sucks pretty hard, pretty much harder than a hooker trying to suck a golfball through a garden hose...

Ive ordered stuff before, and unbeknown to me (after telling the vendor not to ship it with USPS) its gotten to my PO box, but i couldn't actually pick it up as USPS doesn't ship overseas to PO Boxes.. so its left at my general main post office.. and i know its there, as the tracking info says its there, but they can't actually look for it as its not in my post offices system, thus will stay there for 2 weeks and then automatically gets send return to sender.. and thats not even mentioning the price they charge to ship stuff overseas.. bloody crooks..

Un-frickin-believable..

So yeah, i hear your pain...
      03-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

It's probably a crap shoot regardless. I've had issues with shippers before but nothing particularly noteworthy. A coworker who used to work for UPS, though, told me that it was pretty much standard practice for employees to open packages and pick them over then retape and send them on, especially around the holidays. Not a firsthand account but I absolutely believe it. Hope your springs show up soon.
      03-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #4
HEY32G
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

Yep, I've had a lot of stuff never get to me and unless the shipper takes out insurance you're screwed and no one cares. I've quit buying online unless they will ship UPS or FedEx.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #5
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

i like fedex service. ups service is good,but their bogus brokerage charges that usually outweigh the shipping cost really make it an expensive transaction.
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #6
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF. E70

A little off topic and applies more to the Canadian guys.

FedEx is good. Agree with dubsesd about UPS.
The advantage with USPS (and I have had no issues with them so far) is that quite often a small package will escape the customs.
I look for online vendors who offer an all in price, shipping, import duties prepaid if possible.
I have recently started to have items shipped to a mail box state side(New York) picking up myself and paying duties at the border. A lot of online vendors offer free shipping within the U.S. on small items.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #7
GQM
The Slip Angle
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 ///M Coupe

Garage List
I like Fedex the best. I had the same issue as you with USPS except I was the seller. It was a 350.00 solid state hard drive I sold on eBay. Of course it was never found and me being the seller was responsible for refunding the buyers money. I pretty much insure anything over 200.00 now when I ship too.
2007 BMW Z4 ///M Coupe | 1993 Mazda RX-7 Turbocharged 417 whp | 1999 Mazda Miata All Motor 185 whp | 1991 Mazda Miata N/A 13b PPort | 2003 Honda S2000 All Motor 238 whp | 2006 Mazda RX-8 | 1998 Lexus LX470 | www.instagram.com/garagequinnmotors
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 11:04 AM   #8
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Have problems with USPS more often than I have success. It's usually this:

- package shipped to me
- ends up across the country
- call customer service, all they can do is read what's on the online tracking page
- shows up eventually out of nowhere
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #9
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Yeah, USPS is screwy sometimes. I have seen a package being shipped from San Diego to Orange county, CA (about 80 miles) goes through LA county, then through San Bernardino county before arriving back at Orange - had a good tour of Southern Cal

With that said, the only issue i have with USPS is that they had distort extra shipping charges from me a few times. The usual excuse was that the shipper hadn't properly paid for the shipping charges
Appreciate 0